top of page

Entertainment Licence Information

If you own are are responsible for premises that are used for entertainment, then you will

most likely be required to have an Entertainment Licence by your local council in order to

comply with The Local Government Miscellaneous Provisions (Northern Ireland) Order 1985 

These premises can range from small halls to large purpose built multi-use complexes,

including bars, clubs, restaurants, snooker halls, leisure centres and marquees. Venues

may also include open-air musical entertainment and street detailed below

Indoor entertainment:

  • Boxing matches or exhibitions and similar sports

  • Music, singing, dancing or similar entertainments

  • Snooker, pool, billiards and dart matches, or exhibitions and similar games

  • Theatrical performances

  • Video game machines.

Outdoor entertainment:

  • Events which have outdoor festivals, music, singing, dancing etc.

  • Open-air concerts (whether or not there is a charge).

The purpose of an Entertainment Licence is to ensure that people enjoy themselves in safety

and in reasonable comfort knowing that should an emergency occur, they will be able to l

eave the premises or venue safely.

When you apply for an Entertainment Licence you will be asked for a range of certificates

and documents such as insurance details, plans, Mains Electrical Installation condition report  etc

This will also include the Fire Safety documents detailed below

Current Fire Extinguisher Maintenance Certificate

Fire Alarm Maintenance Certificate 

Emergency Lighting Maintenance Certificate

Current Fire Risk Assessment

We can help with all these items!

If your premises require an annual Entertainment Licence please get in touch and see how we can help!

We can help you with your Entertainment Licence requirements
please call

028417 54499

Newry Mourne Down Council.png
Armagh Banbridge Cragiavon.png
bottom of page